AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFX 750 won't set AB line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2020 13:16 (#8158565 - in reply to #8157898)
Subject: RE: CFX 750 won't set AB line

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I bought a used tractor and it has a 750 with a Nav II in it. The other day the system complained about too many fields in the default farm which I (and apparently the previous owner used). I tired the deletion game but didn't think I was successful. When you delete a field you can delete the coverage or all the data. I mistakenly thought that meant that the field name would disappear also. It does NOT. All field names still remain. You do gain some memory but the field names are still there. You can use them again if you wish but they don't go away so this didn't really help my problem with too many fields in the default farm. I could create new fields in a different farm but I didn't realize that at the time.

Since I really wanted to start over and get rid of the previous owners fields, I thought about doing a hard reset but was afraid I might lose my steering configuration for auto pilot. This was not a problem as the steering profile and setting live in my Nav II so doing a hard reset would not affect that.

I did do a backup on a USB stick to be on the safe side. I then did the 3 button Hard Reset. Seems like I got a warning and went ahead. There was a warning that this might take awhile. The system did a restart on its own but the progress bar across the bottom moved very slowly. I thought that it had hung up but did move occasionally. Eventually it worked its way across and the system restarted. I was asked for the units I desired and to perform the screen touch calibration. The system then appeared normal. When I tried to set an AB line it forced me to create a new field since there weren't any old ones at that point.

My memory status indicator is some 98% and I don't have any of the old fields. I tried auto steer on a gravel road and it seems fine. Out of curiosity I stuck the USB stick that held the backup into my office computer. I noticed that under a folder called Default Client there was a Default Farm, inside it were some 62 field names which were all generic default names that were created by the previous owner. The process was actually quite simple once I understood a little more about it.

I should be good now especially if I use our actual field names.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)