AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Record Large Soybean Crush
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JDEEREMAN
Posted 4/1/2020 23:25 (#8157613 - in reply to #8157235)
Subject: RE: Record Large Soybean Crush

Eastern ND
vulcan900 - 4/1/2020 20:36

All the storage for ethanol is full. If your bins where full and you couldn't sell any product to anyone at any price would you keep producing? This is a lot harder on the ethanol plants then it is on the farmers. A lot of ethanol plants are farmer owned and do you really think they want to hurt themselves by not producing? It sounds like it is maybe time for you to quit farming if everything is someone eases fault.

All other manufacturers can stop production anytime they want, and then start up again at any month of the year.

Can You do that? I can't. I have only one start date-- spring-- and I can't start in the fall with planting corn or beans or anything else except winter wheat.

If Ethanol tanks are full, then they will stop for a while and get the supply down . Farmers can't do that.
If Fertilizer gets oversupplied, they can stop production for a couple months and then at the flip of a switch can start again.
Oil fields can be stopped at any time, and can be kept in stasis until the price comes back up and then they can hit the start button and be in business again. I can't do that.

Not complaining, just saying that when we only have 40-60 chances to produce something in your lifetime, you can't just take a couple off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)