AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would it really take?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Beers on ME
Posted 4/2/2020 09:07 (#8158078 - in reply to #8157060)
Subject: RE: What would it really take?

I have to laugh at the I States that think they are so superior. I will admit that I do not have any land that "I hope to hit triple digits" as my aph's are all well over 100 bu. but drive 50-100 miles west and that is the case.

For starters they have farmland rent for less than $50/acre some probably closer to $30 than $50

If you are not going for 200 bu. corn you really do not need top genetics $200/bag divided by 5 acres to bag equals $40 for seed

No need for starter or popup if your corn is going to drought out and dry down early

200lbs. urea for $33

Cheap end for chemical they rotate with small grains so no need for fancy chemical t shots of Round Up and mixed with Dicamba or wide match early less than $15

They have no heavy residue to manage so no-till works with great success fuel for no-till and combining less 100bu. crop fuel will be less than $10

total inputs is less than $150/acre divide by 90 bu. acre they can sell for less than $1.7 for break even on inputs.

Also figure that their whole line of machinery costs less than the cost of 1 brand new combine and I would be willing to bet they can and will outlast the "I state" producers!!!!!!

Edited by Beers on ME 4/2/2020 09:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)