AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Way forward. Ethanol treated like Strategic Energy that it is.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/31/2020 11:41 (#8153587)
Subject: A Way forward. Ethanol treated like Strategic Energy that it is.

I'll jump out of the fray and start a new thread..

I'm willing to plant.. the question is WHAT?

Sorghum for Chinese exports.. which can double as ethanol source.

Corn for the Rebound when Saudi, Russia and the USA smoke the peace pipe.. or when Iran lobs a few more drones into Saudi Oil production.. (careful on the rumor mill.. but doesn't anyone remember Last SEPTEMBER when Iran Attacked KSA and some were looking for $100 Crude?  LAST SEPTEMBER!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapier/2019/09/14/a-recipe-for-100-oil/

Those attacks happened early Saturday, when ten drones attacked one of Saudi Arabia’s largest oilfields and the world’s biggest crude processing facility at Abqaiq. A total of 5.7 million BPD of production was reportedly offline, which represents more than 5% of the world's oil production.

So, most of the forecasts for a $10/bbl impact on oil prices aren't looking at the implications of an extended outage. I expect Saudi Arabia to make a statement to reassure the markets. If they can get production back online pretty quickly -- or at least assure the markets they can -- you might not see an enormous price spike. But if 5 million BPD of oil production stays offline for very long, that's a prescription for a quick return to $100/bbl oil.

That could happen again.. do we want to be caught flat footed?

We CAN NOT LET THE US ETHANOL INDUSTRY DIE!!

Not only do we need Clean Air.. especially in an age of Corona Virus.. but the alternatives for Octane use Natty Gas.. if the Crude Oil price war continues it will BK the Fracking industry.. which is how we get the NATTY to make alternatives to Ethanol..  Natty really hasn't fallen.. and thus Ethanol REMAINS the CHEAPEST Octane.

FACTS:

THE RFA has sued and won a court case against EPA issuing Illegal Waivers.
THE RFS the LAW of the LAND calls for 15 billion gallons of ethanol to be blended..

https://nebraska.tv/news/ntvs-grow/perdue-affirms-commitment-to-ethanol-during-nebraska-visit

So when the Secretary of Agriculture visited Nebraska, ethanol board members Scott McPheeters and Jan tenBensel seized the opportunity, grabbing a few precious seconds of his time.

“You're not a math whiz, but can you do that equation? 15 billion is 15 billion,” Sec. Sonny Perdue told the two central Nebraska farmers.

“That's all we're asking for, is to follow the law,”McPheeters said after their encounter with Perdue.

The law he’s referring to is the Renewable Fuel Standard. Established by Congress, it requires a certain volume of biofuels to be blended into the nation's fuel supply, and Sec. Perdue reaffirmed the administration’s commitment, as he spoke to an audience of thousands in the corn belt.

“15 billion gallons going forward is going to be 15 billion gallons,” he again stated.

At ths time of Crisis.. I'm not going to hold EPA nor Sonny and the Administration to the fire on the 15 billion gallons commitment.  We realize that we are UNDER ATTACK from a Virus.. and actions by other oil producers.

THANKFULLY.. Because of Ethanol we have CORN in the Bin.. (and in the field) MORE than we WOULD have HAD IF NOT FOR ETHANOL!!!

Repeating.. OUR SILOS and Grain BINS would NOT BE THIS FULL of Corn if not for the ETHANOL Market!!

Now if we NEED to Divert Grain to Feed and Food.. we can.. but like the STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE.. what is THE PLAN to Make the ETHANOL INDUSTRY.. and our livelihoods WHOLE?

We can live off of ethanol stocks for awhile.. but when Crude Goes back up.. (see story on how well the Middle East plays with each other) THEN WHAT?

all I'm asking is What's the plan?

and I need to KNOW Like NOW.. THIS WEEK cause I'm gonna adjust to what you give me..

Edited by JonSCKs 3/31/2020 11:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)