AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic drives on drill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ihfarmer87
Posted 3/31/2020 08:04 (#8153167)
Subject: Hydraulic drives on drill

I bought a couple of John Deere hydraulic drives that I will be installing on my bean drill to be able to do variable rate. I have a rate controller and all that ready to install but I have a question about the hydraulic portion of it since I'm not the best with that.
The drill is split up into 2 different boxes meaning that there's 2 different hex shafts to control and needing/wanting to use 2 drives. I know that I would like to put a flow divider in to make sure that the pressure and flow to the drives are consistent between the 2 but I'm not sure what size of lines to use for pressure and return. I know the return line should be larger but how large should the pressure be? I searched online to see what each drive would require for flow and looks like it will be 2-3 gallons per minute meaning that it would require at most 6 gallons per minute. I'm just looking for some input at to what size hoses to install.
Also, would you hook the return up to the tank port or should it be hooked up to the inlet port of the SCV?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for any input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)