AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autoguide 3000 doesn't function after software update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chipmd
Posted 3/30/2020 10:46 (#8151372)
Subject: Autoguide 3000 doesn't function after software update

I've been using a used AutoGuide 3000 unit on my Massey 7720 all last fall, worked great. However it was kind of older SW and missing some of the new features. It was suggested to get it upgraded to the newer SW from the dealer. Had the dealer come up and upgrade it. Seemed to work there after the upgrade and saw the new firmware loaded into the unit, Aug? 2019 patch 20. However next day went out there and AutoGuide won't power up or show up in the C1000 terminal anymore. I've checked the fuses and power up to the roof. Everything is good there.

This was not the first time I've seen this behavior with an AutoGuide unit. First one i got used did the exact same thing I just experienced, it came up once, worked while setup and configured it and then after a period of downtime when turned the tractor on again it never came back up. I didn't get a chance to see what software version was on that unit before it wouldn't connect again. Company sent me another unit which is the one we had that had the 4.1K12 Jun 12, 2014 p4 version of software (before the upgrade). That came right up and worked just fine after resetting the GNSS state to clear the GPS Almanac. Ran with that all fall season. However it was lacking all the features and was suggested have the dealer update since it was quite old and had been lots of bug fixes and some of the newer features. So that's what prompted me to ask for the upgrade. But now back to this issue again.

I'm trying to understand how all these CANBUS / ISOBUS communication works. There is a potential the AutoGuide is in a sleep mode basically where it comes up on the bus and can communicate but is waiting for a signal or communication parameter to tell it to fully boot / turn on. That's probably why I'm not seeing any lights on it? The first time on the vehicle is might bypass that and fully come up to configure and then it was probably was in a standby state for some period of time (up to 60 mins) when turning the key off when we were using it after the upgrade and didn't fully drop power back into a different power state. When turning on from a non-standby state until it gets a specific power on / boot message it expects the AutoGuide might not fully boot or power and thus won't get the GPS functions to display in the C1000 Virtual Terminal with ISOBUS. So I'm wondering with the upgrade to the Autoguide unit if a ISOBUS controller module on the tractor might need an update or the discrete power on signal the AutoGuide unit was expecting might have changed in the software between versions.

Kind of stuck with what to do, is there anything I could check or AGCO person to talk to or have my dealer talk with to understand what the issue is? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)