AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bale Beds again...........Any others like a Chisholm Trail?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

littlejo
Posted 3/29/2020 14:46 (#8149323 - in reply to #8149154)
Subject: RE: Bale Beds again...........Any others like a Chisholm Trail?

Big Sky Country
I bought the cannonball that I asked about on here. It dumps.

Tickled with it so far. People said they were slow, somebody put engine mounted pump on this, it's as quick as my hydrabeds, arms are almost too quick and with the electric solenoids, you can't feather them.

Bed is full 8 wide, my hydrabeds are 7

Supposedly, having a dump bed makes hooking and unhooking goosenecks way easier---but I see you can put two 5/8 bolts in for safety, either side of ball, bolts the bed down. Kinda negates the 'quick hook up' if ya gotta crawl up there and put in/ take out bolts.

The holes for these ar off by about half a hole, w/o them in, it looks like the hinge point on bed is where pulling force is transferred from bed to frame. except nut on gooseneck ball goes into hole on plate that safety bolts bolt to--and it's making contact towards the rear.

Hydraulic tank is between frame, pump is mounted top of cummins, I see it takes a bit for pump to pick up on first bale on cold mornings

Cannonball is pretty well built, I bought it for the hoist and extended cab and cummins. My single cab hydrabeds are still hard to beat.

For guys with cannonballs: what oil do you use? Do you put them safety bolts in to pull? Many thanks!

Edited by littlejo 3/29/2020 14:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)