AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A menu you never want to be on
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/29/2020 15:16 (#8149395 - in reply to #8149041)
Subject: Time for my Army Story again

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Way back in 1967, I was in AIT in the Army at Fort Huachuca Arizona. I got picked for guard duty one Sunday. I was to guard an outpost where other GIs were practicing performing maintenance out in the field during the week . This was miles from anywhere but the place needed to be guarded I guess. One of the guys in my Company had guard duty out there one night and came back with some wild stories. He was a bit of a blow hard so nobody put much faith in his story.

I went to the PX and bought a new Playboy Magazine and hid it under my shirt to have something to do during my four shift. They took me out in a Jeep and picked up the guy who had put in his time and went back to Post. I walked around a bit and decided to sit down at a picnic table and read my Playboy. They gave us a night stick for a weapon.

I was reading the Playboy and happened to look up. There I saw a good sized Cougar walking away slowly. For some stupid reason I smacked the picnic table with my night stick. The Cougar turned around and started walking toward me. I realized that I had just made a very stupid move. I thought about where could I go and decided that anywhere I could go the Cougar got get there faster. I decided my best plan of action was to stay put at the picnic table as I felt I had the best chance of defending myself on the ground. The Cougar walked toward me slowly and then gracefully turned around and walked away.

When I got back I told the rest of the group that maybe the guy who saw the big eyes in the dark wasn't exaggerating after all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)