AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think it's time it stood on its own- oil that is!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

booked
Posted 3/29/2020 07:57 (#8147976 - in reply to #8147809)
Subject: RE: I think it's time it stood on its own- oil that is!

southern Minnesota
a quick search of the internet yields lots of info on big oil.

In seeking fiscal reforms that have the potential to save taxpayer dollars while simultaneously addressing greenhouse gas emissions, phasing out subsidies for the fossil fuel industry should be a priority for federal policymakers. These subsidies aid an industry that is mature, well-established, and with an abundant private financing stream. Reducing the subsidies fossil fuel stakeholders receive can help correct inefficient economic interventions into energy markets, save billions of taxpayer dollars, and reduce negative social and environmental impacts.

the above paragraph is the conclusion to a 10 page report link here https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fact-sheet-fossil-fuel-subsidies-a-...

I am pretty sure if BIG OIL had to stand on it's own feet there would be room for ethanol.....................

By the way a number of years ago when ethanol was cheap and oil was very high the powers that be were caught blending way higher amounts of ethanol just because it made them lots of money in certain venues where they thought that it might slip by.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)