AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

callisto in mix for pre on beans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oliver Farmer In MI
Posted 3/29/2020 12:53 (#8149030 - in reply to #8148742)
Subject: RE: callisto in mix for pre on beans?

GrainTrader - 3/29/2020 12:31

doathlon - 3/28/2020 20:09

sparrell - 3/28/2020 17:47

doathlon - 3/28/2020 07:23

GT27 and GTLL27 will be pretty limited going forward as the primary breeders also breed Enlist and that's where the market is headed. Alite is the chemical you can use and it's basically balance. Mesotrione would cause issues because those beans are not tolerant to all HPPD.

Granted it’s not on the label, but do you have first hand experience that meso would cause issues preplant on GTLL27 beans or is it just something you heard/read?

I’ve personally seen limited trials where no issues were detected.

I was told by the company that developed them that they can with stand small amounts or carry over from HPPD'S other than balance but they will be stunted heavily with a regular rate.

I think they are either lying or caught in a false story... I remember a rep telling me he thought they were great because they were resistant to Callisto Carryover from late sprayer corn the prior year...

How’s that different then Callisto resistant?

They should have marketed this differently. It’s going to get some In trouble.

Exactly. Same story as you, I was told one of their key selling points (from a rep) is that they are not affected from any Group 27 corn carryover. That’s resistance to Group 27 herbicides and IMO Group 27 resistance is Group 27 resistance. Just a label game to force growers to buy a new higher priced herbicide.

Can’t believe more farmers aren’t growing tired of the seed games.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)