AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hard Red Spring Wheat In Oklahoma Updated Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 3/27/2020 21:53 (#8144570 - in reply to #8144447)
Subject: RE: Hard Red Spring Wheat In Oklahoma Updated Pictures

Hey Guys,

Spring Wheats have been tried here in Oklahoma for 10 years. The spring wheats are usually planted in Oklahoma around the middle of February and you have to plant it at 120 pounds an acre. We usually plant Hard Red Winter at 60 to 70 pounds an acre in September and October. From what guys say that if we have a good spring for it will yield 25 to 35 bushel an acre but the higher Protein makes up for the lower yield if you can get a Protein Premium for it. The variety in the pictures is called Brick. I believe it is a North Dakota State Variety. I was also told it will usually be ready to harvest a couple of weeks later after the Winter Wheat Harvest. Oklahoma State has a experimental variety right now that they hope to release this fall that they tell me is a Hard Red Winter Wheat but it behaves like a spring wheat. You can plant it anywhere from the end of October all the way up the middle of February. They said if you plant it in October it would be ready to harvest around the second week of May. We usually start harvesting Hard Red Winter wheat at the end of May or the first part of June. They said if you plant this wheat in the middle of February it will be ready to harvest at the same time the rest of the Hard Red Winter Wheat is ready to Harvest. Here is a picture of it that they posted of it back in January, they said it was planted around the the 9th of December. The number on it right now is 14124-2.

Thank you,
JD105404T

Edited by JD105404T 3/27/2020 22:00

(EPA6D_FX0AAv1oN.jpeg (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EPA6D_FX0AAv1oN.jpeg (full).jpg (301KB - 35 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)