AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A question for hydraulic experts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/27/2020 19:52 (#8144182 - in reply to #8141431)
Subject: Update

I was going through the wiring again this morning when I realized there were ground controls that I had never used before. When I tried them everything worked properly! At that point I knew it had to be a wiring issue between the boom and the main junction box. I spent several hours tracing and checking the control wires and their connections from the joystick to the junction box. Some of the wiring had been spliced so it took a while to figure out which wires were which as the colour code didn’t always match the wiring diagrams. There were a few moments of false hope when I found a connection that wasn’t really good but it never did change.

Finally, I figured I may as well try swapping the two wires on the potentiometer to see if it would change direction. It did swing the other way and then I could swing it back as well! I swapped the two wires around and it worked properly!

I had cleaned those connections yesterday but it didn’t fix it. Those connections must have been the issue anyways though and by reinstalling them again they must have made contact.

I hope it really was the problem and it’s not just teasing me.

Thanks everyone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)