AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Selling a Tractor Privately
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

shorty1
Posted 3/27/2020 07:11 (#8142370 - in reply to #8140820)
Subject: RE: Selling a Tractor Privately

I sell several. tractors a year and use 5 main places to advertise Ag Talk classified, Yestedays Tractors photo ads,Face Book,Craigs list and Farm Bureau Spokesmam all of which don't cost .I have used Tractor House $200 5 week center photo ads also with success. Many of the tractors I sell are recently purchased in hopes to make a profit . You make your profit buying usually not selling. The first thing is be honest and have it at a reasonable price .If your tractor has any problems consignment sales are the place to sell it as its buyer beware.I only deal in nice lower houred nice tractors before 1992 when hoods were steel and computers and electronics were just begining to be used. A good picture is key.20% of your calls will be people wanting $299 to sell it for you some just want someone to talk to and the rest will be possible buyers. A far as payment a cashiers check isn't always safe but a wire transfer is.I have bought and sold many sight unseen and pay after you have checked it out but I wouldn't recommend that in your case.Most people are honest its that 2% that aren't that make buyer or seller nervous.A fair price is what buyer will give and seller is happy with.A good place to find true value is Auction Time results.Many quote tractor House dealer asking prices which don't mean much!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)