AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Could something positive out of the Covid-19 issue?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 3/26/2020 13:32 (#8140538)
Subject: Could something positive out of the Covid-19 issue?

Last evening my 17 year old daughter wanted to come out to the shop with me. My dad was busy making shelves that he needed some plywood for. We were going to use some plywood from a previous project but we needed to remove it first.

I put my daughters favourite music on (I figured suffering through it was the least I could do), handed her a hammer, crowbar, and the impact driver and she got to work. I watched and coached her as I worked on the combine. It took until it was time to go in for the night to finish the job and we talked and joked the whole time. She said she liked the work and is hoping to help grandpa put the shelves together.

I thought my kids would be spending a lot of time on Snapchat with their friends now that they aren’t in school. It seems like because their lives have slowed down they are only on it sporadically because there isn’t as much to talk about.

The kids seem to be learning to self regulate their time and are getting their school work done from home on time without having to be asked to.

The kids seem to be interacting, playing/teasing each other more too now that they aren’t taking to their friends as much. They are doing a lot more cooking also.

In short, now that family life has slowed down due to this virus issue, I find we are spending more quality time together and there are a lot of significant positives that would not have happened if life hadn’t slowed down.

Has anyone else noticed anything positive to come out of this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)