AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

relationships from REDDIT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 3/26/2020 12:41 (#8140413)
Subject: relationships from REDDIT

East central Iowa

This was part of the replies about something else but took off in this direction.  Thought it was interesting:

"Our relationships are compartmentalized. I vividly remember arriving in a new neighborhood as a child, hoping to make new friends, and my family drove up to a kid playing in the street. We asked if he had a lot of friends, and he replied "Yeah--I have my baseball friends, and my bike-riding friends, and school friends..." You're only going to talk about baseball with your baseball friends.

Bottom of Form

[–]SleepingAran [score hidden] 20 minutes ago 

Top of Form

This is definitely true.

I don't talk soccer to a basketball friend because he's obviously not interested in soccer.

Also, we rarely talk about our lives either because what made us friend is our common interest, and not my interest in your life and vice versa.

Bottom of Form

load more comments (2 replies)

load more comments (4 replies)

[–]Thirty_Helens_Agree 7677 points 2 hours ago 

Top of Form

Ha! We had new neighbors move in. I met the husband first and we have a very nice chat. Good guy.

Later on that evening my wife comes home and I say I met the new neighbor. She asks “does he have a wife? Kids?” I had no idea. “Well what the h*ll did you guys talk about?!”

Bottom of Form

[–]Plot-twist-time 4171 points an hour ago 

Top of Form

For a couple years I went to the gym and had at least a half hour conversation with this guy almost every day during the week. He invited me on his boat one time. Took his number in my phone when I realized I didn't remember his name, nor recalled ever asking it. Discovered his name when I took my kid to his kids birthday party. It was the same name as mine. I still can't explain this.

Bottom of Form

[–]ricecake [score hidden] 46 minutes ago 

Top of Form

AND MY FAVORITE:

My dad ate lunch with a guy at least twice a week for nearly 30 years.
Never learned his name, or what he did for a living. (Government workers, so shared cafeteria, but many departments and jobs)."

Edited by Chris 3/26/2020 13:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)