AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What % of NAT has gone over the edge on Covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 3/26/2020 14:47 (#8140707 - in reply to #8140371)
Subject: RE: What % of NAT has gone over the edge on Covid 19

rank - 3/26/2020 12:23

bshannon - 3/26/2020 12:04

I suspect this thread will end up getting deleted in time due to political leanings, but it is scary how some many people blindly follow what someone with a track record of distorting the truth says. I don't know if some of the message just come across wrong when typed out, or people are just that callous about not caring if old people die, but I agree there a lot who seem to have gone pretty crazy over this.

I’d be curious to see if there is a different attitude on stock talk vs the cash croppers. Animals die and we’re no different. Its called nature. Swine flu...bird flu....brucellosis....mad cow. Why should we be immune? You guys seem to think humans are special but in reality our generation is just spoiled that we’ve never had to deal with death really. Put yourself back to 1939-45.....or 1944-45 for our tardy American friends. Read a book on what that generation went through. That might give some perspective

Yes, but to me the disconnect is that this is no typical influenza. Certainly we suffer human loss of life with seasonal flus. No one disputes that. This, however, is different. It is highly contagious. It is now being determined that even younger people can be severely impacted. Even Cuomo is learning that the typical 3-4 days of ventilatory support can be as long as a month---and THEN the patient dies. That's what's so laughable about his "send me all the ventilators and I'll personally pass them on to other states once NY peaks." Those patients on ventilators will be needing them long after other states encounter the "surge." 

The following excerpt was from an article on Zerohedge:

A two-week stay in the ICU

Once in the ICU, patients typically need somewhere between 10 to 14 days of mechanical ventilation, Parodi said.

“So this is a long-term proposition, in terms of vent days, ICU days and personnel days,” he said. “And I am concerned about planning for having enough ventilators — I’m talking about across the country — to be able to have this level of response.

A sudden deterioration after a week of mild illness

Some of those who end up in the intensive care unit actually come in as outpatients a week earlier before they need ICU care, Parodi said.

“They were relatively doing well,” Parodi said. “They had a cold and cough. And then they rapidly deteriorated the second week.

The deterioration can be rapid — within hours. And patients suffering from difficulty breathing can suddenly need a breathing tube inserted into their throat and need to be hooked up to a mechanical ventilator to push oxygen into their lungs.

Edited by ohiohorsewoman 3/26/2020 14:58

(Screenshot - 3_26_2020 , 12_21_36 PM (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot - 3_26_2020 , 12_21_36 PM (full).png (90KB - 198 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)