AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tax prep question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 3/26/2020 09:43 (#8139997)
Subject: Tax prep question

Aggieland
For those that don’t know I own and operate a small HVAC company in Texas, we had one full time, three part time and a sub contractor in 2019 in addition to me as employees. We don’t pay state income taxes in Texas, my office girl handles sales tax filing and paying and the CPA office handled the quarterly tax filings. We also use quickbooks and share the file with the CPA as needed. For the quarterly filings we paid them about $200 a quarter I believe and then here’s where I received my statement for filing my corporate tax return and person return and I had sticker shock kinda. I’m okay with the personal return being $450 but they charged $2150 to do the corporate return. I have yet to pick them up so I’m not sure what I owe in taxes yet. We are an S Corp with my wife and I as w2 employees.

Does that sound high to y’all? I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong that would require them to take that much time to do my taxes. I didn’t think our stuff was that difficult. I plan on asking the CPA too as I think they do a good job but I think that’s about $1000 too high especially seeing as how I paid them to do quarterlies too.

Thoughts?

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)