AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IL Dept of Ag handing out fines for dicamba drift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/26/2020 10:50 (#8140153 - in reply to #8139663)
Subject: RE: IL Dept of Ag handing out fines for dicamba drift

Chebanse, IL.....

This is the problem with only copy/pasting parts of an article. But I did link the entire article, which I'm guessing was not read in full by some responders here.

Again, here's link to the entire article as it appears on Prairie Farmer site:

https://www.farmprogress.com/herbicide/2019-dicamba-complaints-whos-violation?NL=FP-013&Issue=FP-013_20200325_FP-013_604&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1_b&utm_rid=CPG02000002315685&utm_campaign=47847&utm_medium=email&elq2=51c07614db774364bf3d3f5bc36f2bc5

From the article, I learned that......

Every time you get investigated, you accumulate "points" from the St of IL. If you get fined once, the points remain and the next violation results in more points which results in higher fines. Also, the points and fines & investigations are public record, so if the damaged crop's owner wants to take that info for lawsuit, it's available.

So yes, I guess one can keep violating & receive punishment, but soon you'll be broke & I'll also assume there's something in place for further govt intervention...like "cease & desist" order. But, that's just speculation on my part.

Again, I suggest reading the entire article. Also, this is in the St of IL. That's what the article was about. Maybe other states have no concerns.....I don't know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)