AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for all that say pour concrete...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Direct Injected
Posted 3/25/2020 12:02 (#8137714 - in reply to #8137662)
Subject: RE: Question for all that say pour concrete...

SW, Missouri
IL cow man - 3/25/2020 11:41

It's really a here thing depending on where you live. I'm not sure of the town your closest too, but Missouri south of 70 is well blessed with below grade rock. I took soil tests down there and learned probes didn't work very well. North of 70 the soil starts changing to more soil depth equalling more mud much deeper. Where I'm at we have black dirt from 12 inches deep to 3 feet deep. Definitely can get unreal how deep the mud can get. It's also why our highways don't hold together. The biggest problem is with the warmer winters with all of the added precipitation our mud cycle has gone from a few weeks to months. We can sure raise some great crops though. A friend of mine bought a place in the Mountain Grove area and can't believe the difference. He may find the summer grass growth to me much different also vs here.
I'm 25 miles from Mountain Grove. We have a little combo of all types of land and dirt. Got one place the 7410 drags going across the field. Any idea where your friend's place is?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)