AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Carbs and fats together = bad - - eat meat protein
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/25/2020 09:09 (#8137295 - in reply to #8137263)
Subject: fatty liver

Pittsburg, Kansas

One of the things I have learned is that the very most important fat to lose is the fat in the liver and in and around organs. Fortunately the body is smart and the first weight loss is via the liver and organs. So even if a person only loses 10-20# that first weight loss can be very beneficial for the overall health. The "beer gut" for people otherwise healthy is often a fatty, oversized liver pushing out the belt line. The kind of NAFL that can lead to chronic liver disease later in life. Excess alcohol is a problem but what most people do not realize is that fructose (in fruit and sugar) is processed exclusively by the liver just like alcohol and will cause the same fatty liver. Excess fruit and sugar is just as bad for the liver as excess alcohol.

I wish I knew what was going to happen with the economy. I think something like Zimbabwe is a low probability event but not a no probability event. If we go up in smoke, my fear is it is not going to be limited to the US, but most of the rest of the world is as bad if not worse shape than we are. Even if I think I know what will happen, the timing is even more important than the what, and I sure do not have a handle on that. Look at the stock market. What has happened recently I have been waiting for for a number of years. In the mean time I missed out on the gains. So sometimes knowing is worse than not knowing if a person's timing is off, and I suck at timing. That is why my grain marketing plan mostly focuses on spreading out the sales to get a decent average rather than trying to guess the market. I know my limitations on predictions.

Corona virus likely will turn out to be overblown. Problem is it might not also. That is the problem fighting a war. The answers always seem obvious after the battle has been fought but anything but obvious during the battle when decisions are made under duress. I think in another couple weeks we will know. If it turns out not as bad as expected all the authorities will be patting themselves on the back saying how they prevented the pandemic from spreading. If it gets bad as they expect it will be "I told you so". I just really don't know. Just going along for the ride trying not to get damaged too much from the fallout.

Thanks for the kind words.

John

Edited by John Burns 3/25/2020 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)