AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens when FOMO kicks in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kst1
Posted 3/25/2020 07:22 (#8137035 - in reply to #8136577)
Subject: Will it be FOMO?

Or will the capital crunch mean a more steady eddy approach? Capital was widely available the last couple years in part because stock wins were being leveraged into more capital. Stocks down 30% could easily mean capital is down 50% for some of these capital companies. Similarly, the valuations of these companies probably doesn't look near as good as it has in the past.

One "Main Street Index" I use is people wanting in the market. When the DOW hit 25k, a lot of people were already licking their chops. At 21k, some people who were sitting on some cash were getting in. New money is needed, the FED is the only new money here. Maybe that's enough. But I don't hear/see near the people talking about buying mutual funds now like 3 weeks ago. The same in the corn market. I may wait for a better price, but that doesn't mean I'm looking to buy. China already bought a slew of corn and wheat, I wouldn't be surprised to see them be gone for a few weeks. I'm still neutral and don't expect any big run on ag commodities yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)