AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom Spraying Corona Virus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4th GenerationFarmer
Posted 3/27/2020 13:35 (#8143327 - in reply to #8135953)
Subject: RE: Custom Spraying Corona Virus

NWC Ohio
Buy a sprayer, do it yourself. It will pay itself it off much faster than all the high tech gizmos they sell you for your planting equipment. A well laid out water/chemical tender will make you time also.

There are many chemicals you can buy to use that don’t require a licence to buy and apply yourself. As long as it’s not a restricted use label, you can buy and apply yourself without licence if push comes to shove and you can’t get a licence yet this spring. Atrazine for corn you do need a private applicators licence for. Soybean programs and chemicals are numerous and good that don’t require licence to buy/apply. BTDT. I love my non Gmo crops, and being able to spray them myself, on my ( weather dependent) schedule when the crop needs it.

2,500 acres would keep one guy pretty busy with a 60’ boom and 250 gal saddle tanks ( total 500 gal capacity) on a tractor, but is easily doable. Field size and tender truck size would play a part. I used to cover that many acres with just a 1500 gallon straight truck driving 7-20 miles for water to tend with. Only help I got occasionally was a ride to move the truck. I still had time in between to work ground, haul straw, haul seed, and other stuff also. My last rig was a 854 Rogator 800 gal tank 90’ boom. Tended with a semi with 5k water, and all chems easily on deck, with totes plumbed into line to sprayer. That was a nice setup.

If your field sizes allow it, 90’ boom and 1,200 gallon pull type would probably be awesome. Neighbor runs this setup behind an 986 ih.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)