AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can a 450 base be mobile?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dogface1SG
Posted 3/25/2020 06:26 (#8136922 - in reply to #8136563)
Subject: RE: Can a 450 base be mobile?

NW Ohio
Even though it isn't needed I can get over 3 miles distance with our 900 mobile base using a "rubber duck" antenna on it. I am in flat land USA though.

The only time you may have an issue is if there is say a 5-10 acre woods in the middle of a field and you are tiling all around it. With the Trimble system this is where bench marks come into play.

Initially to do anything in the field, you have to create a bench mark. this one is called the master bench. You create this and all future bench marks on areas that will not be disturbed and mark them in whatever manner you choose. If you can't receive corrections on the other side of the woods, you create another bench mark where you can still receive correction. This is BM1. Personally, I leave my machine sit there at this point.

You move your base to the other side of the woods and create a new base. After doing so, you re-bench off of BM1 and you have no issues with the data. Everything is properly aligned if you pull it into software afterward.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)