AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New rock song....need title and/or artist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/21/2009 09:19 (#651498 - in reply to #651457)
Subject: RE: Dang it John

Pittsburg, Kansas

That is my sentiments exactly. When I listened to rock I probably liked 8 out of ten rock songs and on country maybe one or two out of ten good and the others were so terribly twangy whiney bad I couldn't stand to listen to the country station at all. I still don't like the real old classic country stuff. That is when I threatened to fire the employee (part in jest, part serious, and enough serious he quit changing it) for changing the shop radio over to country. Then as time went by there seemed to be less and less that I liked on the rock station till I finally gave up and tried country stations out of despair and to my surprise the newer country stuff sounded a lot like older rock and roll. A lot of the gitar that I like is very much like the rock and roll I grew up with and they got rid of most of the twang. Plus my taste probably changed some too cause I don't hardly ever listen to classic rock now either (don't care much for the "atmosphere" of the drug induced era I grew up in anymore). Wife had always liked quite a bit of the country so it was a painless change for her when I changed.

I like most of the country storys in the songs also. Seems like most of the really old country stuff was he cheated on her, she cheated on him, and that was about the size of it. There are a lot of powerful stories in the country stuff today that I like. Most of them actually say something intelligent and upbeat or at least about real life. It amazes me how the song writer can tell a whole story in just a few short verses with maybe a two or three dozen words (maybe I just have a simple mind and that is all I can handle). Quite a few are even ethical/Christian oriented without being "churchy" (sorry, can't stand to listen to Christian stations even though I am a Christian, they get on my nerves in about 15 seconds. I can't hit the seek button quick enough when traveling).

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)