AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader to Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/23/2020 08:17 (#8131271 - in reply to #8129954)
Subject: RE: Agleader to Deere

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
When using several seed modules with an Ag Leader system only the highest priority module is attached to the implement switch(es). In your and my situation this would be the Clutch Control Module. The STTM module is jumpered.

The implement switch branch provides 12V out to an implement switch or switches. If any switch is in the down or plant position, the circuit is complete thus returning 12V back to the module. Using more than one switch is sometimes desirable to prevent false indications. With only one switch, particularly the row unit type, that row might fall into a hole which is deep enough that the switch breaks the circuit thus cycling the sections OFF inappropriately. By having another switch that switch will likely still complete the circuit and the sections do not disengage inappropriately. When the planter is actually raised neither switch completes the circuit and the sections cycle Off as they should.

The tees you have purchased are a way to wire several modules or several implement switches together. I made a homemade harness for my planter as I have a lot going on. I have two actual implement switches and a lighted toggle switch in the cab. These are wired in parallel so any one can complete the circuit. The result of the switches is connected to my Clutch Control Module AND my Liquid Product Control Module for spray.

In normal operation the cab switch is in the OFF position. Then raising the planter will cause both implement switches to open and the seed clutches will cycle to Stop planting and the spray valves will cycle shut. The indicator light on the switch in the cab will go ON/OFF showing the status of the implement switches.

I can override the implement switches for testing in the yard with the cab switch. It is sometimes used in field conditions in unusual situations such as backing into a corner where I want the seed cells to be filled so that I don't have a gap when I back in and drop the planter and drive forward. This gap can be the result of using SureVacs for the seed shutoffs. This requires that I turn ON the override switch and turn OFF the spray when done planting prior to backing in. Since I have ground drive, raising the planter will cause the seed to stop but the seed cells will still be filled. Then when I back in, drop the planter and turn ON the spray and move forward I will get seed and spray right away.

Edited by tedbear 3/23/2020 08:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)