AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader to Deere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/22/2020 16:10 (#8129353 - in reply to #8129248)
Subject: RE: Agleader to Deere

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
Wsparks128 - 3/22/2020 15:33

Bought a new to me planter deere 1760 with deere 250 monitor. I have an Ag Leader Incommand 1200 i'd like to use. Can you get an adaptor cable from the deere to agleader at tongue and the sttm module to get it to read through the incommand or do you need a whole new harness?

I'm somewhat familiar with that situation because I had such a planter. The Seed Tube Monitoring Module is needed. It could live in the cab but is often mounted on the planter. Ag Leader has a cable leading from the STTM to the 37 pin connector at the hitch. It may be possible to plug in further back and mount the STTM on the planter itself. This would require a CAN cable, a CAN Y and a terminator with either location. You would need to be connected to an implement switch in either location as well.

Ag Leader has several cables for these situations. More than one uses the 37 pin connector so you need to be careful to get the correct cable. You will need the one for the CT 250 and not one for a Dickey John harness. They look the same but are wired differently.

With our current 1770NT planter that came with a 350 monitor, it too has a 37 pin connector at the hitch but also has a disconnect point in the middle of the planter that uses the same 37 pin connectors. On that planter, I disconnected the connections at the rear and plugged the Ag Leader cable into it which ran to the STTM which is mounted on the very rear of the planter as well as some other Ag Leader modules. The 37 pin to 37 pin cable in the hitch does nothing now and is just along for the ride.

Edited by tedbear 3/22/2020 16:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)