AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlist soybean pre question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 3/21/2020 22:25 (#8127229 - in reply to #8127143)
Subject: RE: Enlist soybean pre question

EC Nebraska
Cuffawa Creek - 3/21/2020 21:56

As stated above.Use the Enlist to be on label.The 2/4d in the Enlist has a safener added that regular 2/4d ester or amine does not.Not saying that you cannot use the ester or amine 2/4d without damage to your beans but is that not why we are fighting resistant weeds now? Because people did not use labeled rates of labeled chemicals available? I have a pallet of Freelexx in my shop.That is the new 2/4d used in Enlist,I could use it in my soybeans but it is not labeled because it does not have the added safener.If too many people do use it off label,then I will lose a very good pasture weed control product because they will quit selling it in that form.I remember my Uncle,years ago in an argument with my Dad." No need for a quart of Roundup per acre when 22ounces kills everything"! My Dad died farming,my Uncle is a lobbyist in Washington now.True.

Non sequitur.

As far as I know, there's no safener in 2,4D choline, it's a different formulation that doesn't volitalize. The soybeans can handle heavy rates of any form of 2,4D, the problem is that the other formulations volitalize.

And I don't think that the form of 2,4D really matters as far as weed resistance goes, the problem there is too much reliance on 2,4D over and over again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)