AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just My opinion
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/21/2020 11:17 (#8125443)
Subject: Just My opinion

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
I read everything you guys wright on here because I believe the answer is in there somewhere ! in bits and pieces and literally from ideas from most all that kick in including a few from those I cant seem to ever agree with, this is what I believe is needed. ADD YOUR IDEAS

#1 strike while the iron is hot--- a media blast has to get out there somehow via 60 minutes / viral facebook / youtube / twitter heck I don't know snapchat showing us doing our best to get food on the tables in North America. And giving our point of view of our willingness to get weakened financially and lose hundreds of millions of dollars to the pac right now as not to disrupt the beef supply at a time of need ! but the price we are paying cannot go unnoticed we need a pic of a millennial beef producer holding a sign standing next to a fat calf claiming he is slowly going broke and losing real money as the pac and retailers get flush----WE ARE THE ONLY LINK IN THE CHAIN LOSING MONEY RIGHT NOW but we will not stop trying to keep the public fed. we need to pull heartstrings.

#2 push hard on our elected officials and let them know that we have had enough and we will not take this any longer once this crises ends.

#3 abandon the NCBA and go back to a cattle producer only organization " remember the NCA" we cannot be represented properly in the NCBA period ! WE HAVE TRIED---- the new organization cannot be an existing one that has baggage like R calf as we will never get solidarity by all producers----we need a clean start !

#4 At some point in time we will need a wholesale presence -- this will be difficult but not impossible, when this crises ends there will be an enhanced effort to fulfill our own needs from within as a country, we see the conversation starting right now with the discussion of all our meds being outsourced to China at the present time, and as Americans how vulnerable we have became. There will be low interest and grant money available to businesses willing to bring American business home and not be multinationals as is JBS , I believe Canadians could join us in this and we could still be considered Grassroots, I personally don't think Mexico will work because of the breakdown of any standards that the US and Canada share ! I believe we can make the argument that the existing packers are to multinational to be considered domestically owned and produced. THE USMCA agreement is not lost on me and may dictate including Mexico as an unavoidable byproduct if we are to include Canada.

#5 What the wholesale presence would look like would be a series of kill plants in the Midwest where producers from all over the country and Canada would send their cattle, this would be a sort of Co op where producers would have ownership.
We would crack the wholesale market by getting contracts first from state and federal institutions such as the military / the school systems and the prison systems of both the US and Canada
Then through public support and empathy we would crack the retail market with some major players that would roll the dice with us once we are up and running " major restaurant or retail Giant like a supermarket chain "whole foods "

Something needs to be done and I am confident we could do it ! before you throw your hands up and say it's impossible think of what Jeff Bezos accomplished in such a relatively short period of time ! ---- and heck he couldn't even pull a calf or drive a tractor ; )

Edited by t rock 3/21/2020 11:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)