AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord breaking contract..what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

True Grit
Posted 3/19/2020 23:14 (#8121008)
Subject: Landlord breaking contract..what would you do?

Dardanelle, in Yell County, Arkansas
I have a landlord (large corporation) that I have a verbal contract with to hay their ground (200 acres). It is a rendering plant and they irrigate most of it with waste water from the plant. I used to work there (got a much better job elsewhere) and while I was there we agreed that I would get the hay off of the ground until my new hay equipment was paid for, I like two years this coming June having it paid off. We even discussed me leaving and that it would still be okay for me to hay the ground if I left. Well some new neighbors moved in and want them to run the irrigation line onto their land which the corporation wants to do because they are growing and have much more water than they used to have. The new neighbors are asking that if the plant runs the line onto them that they be allowed to hay the ground that I am currently haying.

I meet with a vice president of the company and he basically told me sorry, your out, new neighbors are in. I told him that they had two problems....#1 I have a verbal contract for two more years. (Arkansas law will back me on this) #2 You did not notify me by June of last year that you would take the ground back (Arkansas law again). So he wants to come up with a solution. I get 2000 bales of high quality Bermuda grass hay (4x6 rounds) off of this ground each year. My question to you guys is this....How would you price a buyout of the contract?

Sorry for the long post and I appreciate any and all input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)