AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze Half Width & AL Clutch Module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/20/2020 09:19 (#8121731 - in reply to #8121657)
Subject: RE: Long reply

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KMech may be correct in that it may be possible to run two Kinze clutches directly without the need for the relays. He has a lot of experience especially with Ag Leader and Kinze. I still prefer the idea of using the relays since this isolates the clutches from the Ag Leader system. When large coils such as are needed in the clutches are "released" they create a fairly large amount of back EMF which can raise havoc with some electronics.

I remember back many years ago when using some of the very common TeeJet 144 solenoid valves with a sprayer and some simple electronic flow monitors that the display sometimes locked up when the valves were cycled off as the kickback from the collapsing magnetic field temporarily disabled them. Wirig the solenoids and the monitor separately to the battery seemed to help that problem. The kickback from the collapsing magnetic field was transferred to the battery which acted as a shock absorber of sorts. Granted they were connected together there but this seemed to be the answer.

Concerning your CAN layout, it sounds as if your CAN cable uses a Y to split it so that one branch goes to the PMM module and the other goes to the Clutch Control Module. There should be another Y close to the furthest module where one of its legs should contain an Ag Leader terminator. The general rule of thumb is that the system should contain two terminators, one each on the furthest ends of the CAN string. This means one close to the display (may already be built in) and the other by the most distant module. I have had situations where a Y splits the CAN connection and leads to modules that are both some distance from the split. I just put the terminator in one of the branches and this has worked fine. I have seen problems on the bench when I have temporarily connected up a system and forgot to include that final terminator.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)