AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Daycares closing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ANewman
Posted 3/20/2020 13:20 (#8122564 - in reply to #8122399)
Subject: RE: Daycares closing?

Hillsboro, TN
Boots59 - 3/20/2020 12:31

ANewman - 3/20/2020 09:15

Mrs B - 3/20/2020 08:46

I remember the first time I heard, from our niece, that their daycare required the weekly/monthly fee be paid, whether or not the kids were in attendance. This was in relation to a vacation, and niece was having to pay 2 wks of daycare along with whatever the vacation was costing. I was amazed.  I guess it makes sense in their situation, but life would sure be a lot easier to manage if you could dictate that your income wasn't going to be affected by circumstances. 

We have a similar policy. We still have staff to pay and all the other bills associated with running a business. Even if not attending for that week you're obligated, through contact, to make payment. Basically we have a limited number of spots available due to state regulation. You are paying to "hold" your child's spot. We have a waiting list, so if you don't want to reserve a spot for your child someone else is waiting for that spot

It’s understood you have a policy in place. If someone bows out and a spot opens up does the next in line start paying immediately to hold their (spot) while your closed?

My previous reply was regarding normal circumstances. During this time of uncertainty it'll be on a case by case basis. We've been notified by 2 parents in the last 24 hrs that they will be withdrawing their children due to the loss of their job. I feel we have a good working relationship with our customers, and always willing to work with them during difficult times. This situation will be no different
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)