AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raven adapter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/19/2020 04:34 (#8117886 - in reply to #8116689)
Subject: RE: Raven adapter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above posts are correct in that the Ag Leader adapter cable requires using the original Raven Display and Product cables. The Ag Leader adapter cable is meant to replace the Raven 440/450 etc. at the point where the 440/450 would have been attached. Everything "back" from there remains as before. I believe even a Remote Master using the Raven Orange and Orange/white would continue to work. As far as power and ground for the Ag Leader system, this will be provided through the original Raven display cable so the larger red and white wires in the Raven Display cable are still used.

I used one of these personally (still have it) for a time. I placed the adapter cable and modules in a small gym bag that I placed in the corner of the cab. I could partially zip the bag up to keep the wires and modules in a somewhat neater package. This worked fine. The line art drawing above suggests using the ground speed connector and pressure transducer. I did not connect the ground speed since I just used GPS speed from the Ag Leader. I did have a pressure transducer and it one is not needed.

Later I revamped the system and removed the Raven wiring completely. I now have the switchbox/module in the tractor and the Liquid Module is on the implement. The Liquid module is located close to the flow meter, control valve and section valves. A cable containing high current power and the four CAN wires goes between the tractor and the implement. This makes for a much "cleaner" install. When disconnecting a pull-type implement only one connector needs to be detached.

The downside is this does not allow me to return to using the Raven. Although the Raven 440/450 are still excellent controllers, I would miss auto swath, coverage etc. that the Ag Leader system provides.

Edited by tedbear 3/19/2020 04:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)