AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New lease
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 3/18/2020 06:00 (#8114796 - in reply to #8114222)
Subject: RE: New lease

Western-Central Lower Michigan
"I slept at the Holiday Inn Last Night". So here is my take on the deal.

If there is a date the tenant must be notified by and the landlord didnt comply they should get the land one more year. The fence, if not "temporary" most likely falls under improvements to the property, and should stay with the property. However, the Landlord should consider reimbursing for some of the cost of the fence. (did the tenant discuss building the fence? or just do it?)

The landlord should file a Notarized letter stating that he is to vacate the property by "Date".

What may be interesting to know, is the tenant late with rent? That could throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Also, funny when you think about it, tenants seem to have an advantage, they can just not say anything and quit paying rent, walk away, and not notify landlord.

Also what do you do if your tenant is late with rent, and dont say anything but keeps farming(or trys to). I'd like to see a clause in the rent stating, if rent is not paid by"date" that this is considered ______________

However as with most things that have money involved, there is more than meets the eye.

You are in a hard spot, keep a low profile. Maybe offer to sign a rent agreement for the following year, and pay for some of the cost of the landlord talking to an attorney. If the Landlord is quite elderly, suggest they get a son/daughter to go with.

Edited by rosiesdad 3/18/2020 06:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)