AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NCBA... Get a rope!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IL cow man
Posted 3/17/2020 19:12 (#8113709 - in reply to #8113543)
Subject: RE: NCBA... Get a rope!!!

Buffalo IL
buckmaster - 3/17/2020 18:27

You better stop being a member. The only way to fix this is to take away there voice (there member ship)

What other voice do we have on a national scale? What does not being a member accomplish- nothing or do you get involved and promote change with in the organization. You either Participate or you anticipate. I haven't been participating so how can I complain. I use to be on some different boards and let me tell most boards have yes people led by a few with their own personal agenda for what is the best idea. The only way you get good boards is to have everyone that have no qualms with voting no. There are a lot of minutes with me being the only one to vote no and I made sure they recorded that it was me that voted no. Or like one motion that I got passed, that I heard about later, came back up for a building project I had got it postponed until they had saved so many dollars a year in an account and then it could be done. A member voted no and called me about that one later because they hadn't done any of what the motion stated. They got there building from the yes people because the same people originally wanting it were still on the board, but at least they had to wait for it. It still wasn't a good use of patron money though.

That was too much information, but if you want change you have to participate and get others to participate to fill the chairs of the people that just vote yes. You also can't accomplish much with a whole group of no people either. You have to have true discussion with alternative solutions. Also, was I wrong on some of my votes. Heck yes, but I hope I caused good discussion and debate.

Edited by IL cow man 3/17/2020 19:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)