AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Have to Shake My Head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/17/2020 06:14 (#8111781 - in reply to #8110968)
Subject: RE: Ration Stamps ?

central - east central Minnesota -

Haoleguy - 3/16/2020 20:15 I'm still amazed at the hoarding that is going on. The typical supermarkets in our area are getting cleaned out of potatoes, meats, pasta, toilet paper, sanitizers, bread, and water. Today we took a little time to shore up our food supplies to last a couple of weeks. Hit the cash only Chinese store to get rice, noodles, ramen, and fresh veggies. No problem it was all good. Then we hit our local Italian butchery and goods store. Wow what a line at the meat counter. I saw one customer take a stack of beef that had to be over 2 ft tall and 1-1.5 ft at the base, hamburger meat that was at least 20lbs, the remaining pork chops(~10lbs), and a couple of other meat items in bulk. That person clearly doesn't shop for those items often and at this place in particular because it's one of those places you call big orders in ahead for pickup. There was plenty other meats to choose from so not a big deal but I wish people would take a deep breath and slow things down a bit and let the stores catch up on supplies so that they are available to everyone who needs/wants them. 

Guess the government will have to look back in history and print out some Ration Stamps for goods ? ? ? ?

I don't get the hoarding thing either . . . . we generally have a 2 week supply of goods on hand. Although, I am low on shot gun shells. Started shooting pigeons to thin the flock . . . . decided I better hold back, you know, just in case things really get bad (stuffed pigeon, pigeon eggs, boosted pigeon)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)