AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

why anhydrous at an angle?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

winner2011
Posted 3/16/2020 21:24 (#8111215 - in reply to #8110250)
Subject: RE: why anhydrous at an angle?

Northwest Illinois
I run a shank in the spring making what I call a strip to plant on. I’ve run reduced rates and full rates depending on soil types and Havnt seen burn. I’ve always went with depth is more important than time. I own a yetter magnum setup that i side dress with that won’t go as deep as the mole knife will. I’ve wanted to try spring side dressing fall made strips. Dry fertilizer in the strip and nh3 in between or just off the side running shallower to buy some time or inches of soil it needs to move through vs being placed deep in the row. I even thought about using my yetter setup for spring nh3 then no tilling the corn in between the nh3 on bean stubble. Apply it shallow as I can to get to seal. The tractor tires and wagon tire traffic would be controlled and the seed would go into untouched soil. I bought my first Rtk setup that I called sponge bob in ‘05 and started applying nh3 on the same heading as the corn was planted. Definitely made for a more even green up. Never understood the angle either other than they want to apply shallow and less chance fit burn being shallow.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)