AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anybody here ship mil to Land O' Lakes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 3/16/2020 14:56 (#8110102 - in reply to #8109621)
Subject: RE: anybody here ship mil to Land O' Lakes?

SC Wisconsin
Everyone is having a knee jerk reaction to land o lakes warning of a possible milk dump by throwing their arms up and accusing them of all sorts of stuff. I work in a food factory, there is 700 people that work there. They called a meeting This morning as we were about to leave and basically said if you feel the slightest bit sick, do not come to work, no doctors note or attendance penalties or anything.. They are anticipating some of the workers will get sick, but who knows how many. Those processing and packaging lines dont just run on hopes and dreams, it takes a lot of people to run them. If many people don't come to work, those lines have to get idled and you cant move product. These companies dont make a dime off idled lines, they are seeing this as an opportunity to expand their market share.

Side note- some of us should be doing the same. Selling freezer beef is can be hard to get into but it pays huge dividends. Granted i have an unfair advantage because my i sell most of ny freezer beef through my parents but guys need to strike while this iron is hot. I posted a picture of a steer i liked a couple weeks ago, sent him in last Tuesday and he was sold in 48 hours and got a check for almost $2300. Use this as leverage to sell people quarters and halves, and let your customers know that you are a secure source of good quality food. No worries about the store being sold out, pitch it however you want. I just talked to my dad, he said their little butcher shop sold 1,400# of burger between Saturday and Sunday and they are swamped again today.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)