AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TMR Mixer question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jmart
Posted 3/16/2020 07:03 (#8108919 - in reply to #8108804)
Subject: RE: TMR Mixer question

Lancaster PA
lynn - 3/16/2020 06:24

Jason I have had both and if your feeding stays the same and you can find a replacement cheaper I'd maybe do that. Maybe, but a vertical is a very versatile machine with very few moving parts. They take more horsepower and a loader capable of reaching over them. They don't always make a well blended small batch depending on feedstuff ingredients, you don't leave them set overnight with more than half a batch in because startup will be hard to almost impossible again depending on ration. You also don't travel down the road very far and shut it off and expect to start it up easily when you get there . They take power and a good pto in a situation like that. So consider what you have for feeder tractors and the price of the replacement, and any future feed ration changes or possible like to try rations and go from there.

HP requirements was one concern I had. We load with a JD 6400 and pull the mixer with a 4430 which probably run any 400 to 500 cubic ft mixer. The thing is if we get in a pinch we can hook our old 3010 in it and get the feeding done if we need to, not sure it could turn something that took any more power. I guess loading and mixing with the 6400 would be an option too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)