AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Worried... about those around me
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Golden83
Posted 3/16/2020 19:37 (#8110827 - in reply to #8107437)
Subject: RE: Worried... about those around me

NE Kent County, MI
pmartens07 - 3/15/2020 17:27

We are seeing the church services and schools shut down, my wife is expected to be off work after Tuesday, and the day care center probably will be closing shortly as well.

This will leave my wife at home with our 11 month old by midweek and not really able (or at least shouldn’t) circulate to the other families we socialize with. she is not taking it well. She loves our daughter and loves spending time with her but she just got back to work recently and was really enjoying having a direction beyond being mom.

All of this while things are not really changing that much for me, A farmers job is generally pretty solitary.

I’m not sure how to support her especially as we start on field work and I’m around less than I am during the winter.

I know plenty of women have held down the fort at home and that this is not a unique situation but it was not the situation we chose.

Anyone else facing this?

My wife is home full time and we have a 7 year old and 4 year old. Her getting away time is going to the gym a few days per week as they have childcare also and also Women’s Bible study at church one morning.
Now with both home I am planning on being around more often to give her a break( thinking one morning/day per week right now) and see how that goes. She also is planning on getting together with friends and their kids for some hands on learning/routine break.
It’s gonna be tough but we will strive to thrive through this!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)