AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader STMM and Implement Switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/17/2020 17:18 (#8113372 - in reply to #8111913)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader STMM and Implement Switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
WPFarm - 3/17/2020 07:39

I have a hyd control module, stmm, and two liquid modules in my system. My liquid modules do not see the implement switch as they will apply product if the master is not shut off when backing into corners.

Any thoughts?

Your Liquid Modules should be connected to implement switch(es).

With hyd control and STMM, the hyd control module should be attached to an Implement switch AND both liquid modules should be connected to an implement switch also. It can be the same implement switch or switches. Within seed modules the most important needs an implement switch. This information is NOT relayed to Application Modules so they each need one. That way when the planter is raised, the hyd control module will stop the motors from turning AND both Liquid modules will shut off their Section Valves.

My planter uses a Clutch Control module for seed section control, a STTM for population monitoring, a Liquid Product Control Module for spray and an Application Rate Module for monitoring a ground driven starter fertilizer pump. The Clutch Control Module and the Liquid Product Control Module both need to "see" an implement switch. I have an implement switch on each wing and a manual override switch in the cab all wired together in parallel which lead to the Clutch module and the Liquid module. The switch in the cab is a lighted type and is normally in the OFF position. That means that when the planter is UP, the circuit is open and the Clutch Control Module AND the liquid Module stop application. The light is OFF. If any of the switches are ON, the system believes the planter is DOWN and allows planting and spraying. The light is ON.

For normal operation, the over ride switch is always OFF so the real implement switches can do their thing. The override switch is used for testing and unusual situations such as backing into corners.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)