AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vertical mixer economics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 3/16/2020 08:27 (#8109131 - in reply to #8108055)
Subject: RE: Vertical mixer economics

SE Manitoba
Texbet - 3/15/2020 19:56

Thanks again all for the input, yes lots of dynamics involved, I guess when I start thinking about how much money it will take to remediate our current pasture from very poor to slightly productive for cattle, ‘meaning it’s nutrients have been stripped for the last century) cotton, overgrazing etc...I think I can do better with the mixer, already have loader, 2 tractors, I see profit on the ground when I see hay that is wasted when we put them in hay rings, I see a lot of people tell me a bale weighs 900 when it I actually weighs 990, or 850 (to me that difference multiplied by 200-300 bales is a lot to be off and should be accounted for. I began testing our hay for analysis and can’t understand why most of my neighboring producers don’t, all those dynamics lead me to believe vertical mixer is a no brainer, I’ve been taught to measure what you manage and firmly believe it, thanks again for the input and for those who think they are arguing that’s ok because it keeps my wheels spinning and most importantly causes me to think unconventionally, debate=good stuff.

Interesting - - - - a farmer who is doing regular feed testing - - - - definitely NOT like the run of the mill.

You're so right - - - - you really can't manage what you don't measure - - - - just too many variables.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)