AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vertical mixer economics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oldtiger
Posted 3/15/2020 19:03 (#8107863 - in reply to #8107677)
Subject: RE: Vertical mixer economics

NEMO
Hello, hello,,not wanting to argue either, but did you read my post. I said rented pastures. Let's see, owner doesn't want to spend any money on fence ever, lot of those absentee folks out there, want money coming in, never any going out. If I build fence, the neighbor will now try to rent it, understand? You can use whatever tractor trading strategy you want, but I promise you my 45 year old mixer tractor has the same value whether it has 7 or 12 or 15000 hrs on it. If I break the glass or the whole door, here's betting $50 knocks it out. It takes 2 tractors,,yeah, got to have the loader tractor with/without the mixer, and the mixer tractor doubles as a brushhog/rake tractor, and think about the hrs the mixer saves on the loader tractor. I dunno, often times the by-products we use over here have as much in freight as the cost of the feed. Your freight cost is negligible to non existent on Central Illinois from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I love grazing, but after 2012, I vowed to never have to give cows away because I didn't have enough feed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)