AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Indicator lights for motorized Banjo boom valves.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Busted Knuckles
Posted 3/14/2020 10:05 (#8103614)
Subject: Indicator lights for motorized Banjo boom valves.

Southeast Minnesota

Our sprayer has 5 sections with Banjo boom valves.  Run by an InCommand 1200 or Integra.
We often have trouble with the boom valves not opening or closing when commanded.
I have replaced the ENTIRE wire harness, modules, 2x harness from modules to boom valves, numerous valve motors....
We have MANY point rows/triangles where the valves will open/close often and quickly.
When I notice a section not responding, I unplug that motor and swap wiring with another section.
Sometimes it activates the motor, sometimes it does nothing.  Then I go and open my inline boom section valves and let the other sections flow over to the non responsive section.
When I get back to fill the sprayer, I swap the motor with a spare.

i have been told it is a circuit breaker in the motor.
I have been told it is moisture in the motor.
i have taken each apart and examined/bench tested the unresponsive valve motors.
Some work again instantly.  Some showed signs of moisture.  Some look pristine inside.
The ones that never worked again are now in my spare parts box.
i probably have 5 in that box along with 4 or 5 spares on the shelf.

We have covers over the motors to keep water off.  The only way moisture can get in is up through the valve shaft.

Anyway, I want a row of indicator lights in front of me.  My monitor indicates when they are commanded to be on or off. However that is not what is happening sometimes.

The only solution I can come up with is inductive proximity sensors on each valve with a spot of metal on the valve indicator.  This would then trigger a light in the cab based on actual valve position.

Tapping into the valve wires would not work because the monitor is sending the proper signal. Unless there is a position signal.

Any other ideas?
How hard would this be to implement?

This past year it only happened 2 or 3 times that I noticed.  In previous years it was a real problem at times.

Andrew

Edited by Busted Knuckles 3/14/2020 10:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)