AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fighting coronavirus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/14/2020 18:04 (#8104720 - in reply to #8104295)
Subject: believing everything

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes the grass fed beef seems to be one of the "health" things that is a train that health experts want to jump on board. Not all of them, but many. There is some difference by my understanding (greater omega 3 to 6 ratio) but the differences when measured are pretty minuscule. For my money, take a fish oil pill if worried about it.

But I look at things perhaps differently than you. You said he lost all credibility. If I held experts to the standard that if any one single thing they said was erroneous then they lose all credibility, I would never believe anything anyone says. Because we all are imperfect we all will be wrong. So I go by the assumption that everyone is wrong about some things, for sure including myself.

I instead look at information on a gradient scale. I might find something useful from someone I mostly disagree with. Maybe only 10% of what they say I might agree. Another person I might find 90% credible. So looking at it that way I always assume no one will be right on everything. But I can use critical thinking and try and determine which portion of what they say is worth considering.

I think that people that lack the ability to evaluate and think critically look for sources to believe completely. They want a news source or guru to believe wholly. That relieves them of the burden of having to think critically, which is a very daunting task that many people just do not want to bother with.

So I might find him credible in some areas, but not all. In the case of Saladino he is very passionate about what he has learned as a doctor. But I doubt if he has learned everything, so that leaves it open that he is surely wrong on some things. I do find his arguments well thought out and substantiated by significant research. So I think he if worth listening to, even if I am not sold on his complete message.

John

Edited by John Burns 3/14/2020 18:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)