AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can InCommand 1200 work with two Application Rate Modules
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/13/2020 15:04 (#8101877 - in reply to #8101731)
Subject: RE: Can InCommand 1200 work with two Application Rate Modules

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A configuration can be created with the display sitting in the office and powered up without any modules being attached. If you setup a planter, sprayer, applicator or combination situation and look at the configuration for the individual modules you will see the Serial Number Unassigned.

If you try to play with the configuration in the office you will get an error message since the system cannot find the modules it needs to run. To test put the display in the vehicle and attach the necessary modules. When you choose a configuration the system checks to see which modules are connected. If the system does not find enough modules to run the configuration, you are presented with an error indication.

If the configuration calls for one Liquid Module and it finds one Liquid Module it assumes that is what you want to use and THEN assigns the Serial Number of the Module to the configuration. If the configuration calls for one Liquid Module and it happens to find two, it will ask you which one you want to use and then assign that Serial Number to the configuration.

If you created a new configuration from scratch that called for two liquid modules and the first time it was used it found two liquid modules, it will ask you by Serial Number which one is used with which.

Once the configuration has been used and the Module Serial Number assigned, from then on the configuration will be expecting to find those modules by Serial Number. Suppose you have two liquid modules on the farm like I do. One is normally on the planter and the other is normally on the sprayer. Should the one on the planter fail, I could swap in the one from the sprayer if it was not being used at the time. The system would detect that the previous Liquid Module is not present BUT another Liquid Module is available, and will ask if I want to swap to it. From then on the Configuration will be expecting to find that Serial Number.

This does not seem to pertain to an Auxiliary Input Module or the SC 110 CAN switch box as the system would only contain one of these.

So the question still remains can the system handle two Application Rate modules with flow meters. When I tried it on my desk I used one of the Application Rate modules that I already had setup and use with my planter, this showed the Serial Number since it has been used. When I added another Application Rate module which I don't even have it was listed as Serial Number Unassigned. I'm thinking that if they were both attache, the Serial Number for new one would be assigned and it would work.

Edited by tedbear 3/13/2020 15:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)