AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FAA going to require Internet Access??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 4/1/2020 08:59 (#8155703 - in reply to #8155430)
Subject: RE: FAA going to require Internet Access??

WC Mn/Dakotas
Are you all a bunch a liberals or What? I hate nothing about drones. It's not about hate. It's about safely cohabitating in a controlled airspace. Period! There are rules in place for all aircraft for decades. Drones are aircraft whether you like it or not. Why do many drone pilots think there will be no rules for their aircraft?

Paul, no doubt ag pilots are the most recent antiquated form of cowboy aviation. ANTIQUATED! GONE EXTINCT. There are some poor judgements yet today, but for the most part very professional. Ag aviation tends to exist and need to operate more closely in some of the grey areas in FAA regs than other segments. We have to operate close to the ground and occasionally close to dwellings. Its the nature of the business.
And drones will also be dealing with many of the EXACT same issues. But we are talking here about 2 forms of low level aircraft coexisting. Every segment is going to prefer a certain interpretation of any reg. When this gets pushed enough, the FAA steps in. Also I've yet to meet a non aviation person who comes close to knowing general faa regs let alone the part 137 (Ag aviation) section. Now couple this ground dweller inaccuracies with a sudden desire to be a drone pilot and you end up right here where we are at currently. No true knowledge of past, current, or future regs concerning any segment of aviation. Especially 137 ag and whatever part number drones are given by the faa and the rules that will be put in place.

Your attitudes and drone flting behaviors are what is driving the FAA to write rules. Are what all low level manned aircraft segments that are already in business and are professionally organized and represented at the national level visiting daily with the faa. It's real guys, the sooner you get up to speed the less "bad" it's going to be for the drone segment. And I'll say it again, I think the best thing for the future of all drones types is to look at ag aviation as a model and probably in some ways join forces.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)