AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Direct command / Incommand 1200 setup issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/14/2020 08:06 (#8103295 - in reply to #8103123)
Subject: RE: Direct command / Incommand 1200 setup issues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
caseihfarmer - 3/14/2020 05:59

if it has the apache switchbox I would ask what happens when you pull up the assignment page. when each switch is flipped or main on/off is cycled what lights up on the screen? if the master is not coming up on the screen it is a wiring problem, if the incommand assignment screen verifies switches are working I would look into the valve setting pages, am I wrong to think their was a place where you could change polarity? maybe not, just an idea.

I agree with what you say and I had him do that while he was in front of his display. I just happened to have an InCommand 1200 powered up in front of me at the time. Since it was not connected to any modules I couldn't follow along completely.

When he looks at the diagnostics for the Auxiliary Input Module he sees the following: This is a 9 section sprayer, F2-F10 show a switch present for each and flipping them ON/OFF individually changes the color on the screen changes so the boom switches seem to be present and connected. F1 (the usual Master) is gray indicating that there is no connection to it. E3 and E4 are also shown as present and they switch color when the fenceline tip switches are flipped ON/OFF. He doesn't actually use fence line tips but the switches are there and this would seem to be correct in that sense. All other locations are gray.

My conclusion (without being in front of it) is that the switches seem fine but a Master switch is also needed. With my Deere setup on a 4720 I needed an external Master switch. He is under the impression that he will be able to use the OEM Master switch on the Joystick.

While talking to me he flipped the left fence line ON and then the Joystick Master seemed to behave as expected. He had out of desperation set the left fence line switch (E3) as the Master. It would seem to me that E3 would then act like the Master but yet the Joystick Master seemed to be involved.

It is almost as if the left fence line tip (E3) switch is wired in series with the Joystick Master, If so leaving the left fence line switch (E3) On at all times and just using the Joystick Master might work but this just doesn't seem right.

I think I'm missing something

Edited by tedbear 3/14/2020 08:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)