AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Offset boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/13/2020 07:17 (#8100736 - in reply to #8099361)
Subject: RE: Offset boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for all the quick replies. I actually drew the various layouts out on graph paper. With 37 tips @ 20", the sprayer would cover an extra 10" on each end for a slight overlap which might be desirable. Switching it to 18 tips @ 40" by plugging the center tip and working outward would cover exactly 60' with no overlap.

With 36 tips at 20" I would not be able to "center" the coverage on the tractor. This means I would need to use an offset somewhere in the setup or actually physical move the GPS. This could work if I always turned around and came back on the next pass which I would likely do.

All in all, it seems much easier to just go with 36 tips of the appropriate size and not be concerned about the offset and driving pattern. Should I need to apply over a planted crop I would not have the concern about not being able to drive where I need to as the tractor and sprayer would be centered on the planter tracks.

The salesmen suggested the "every other one" idea since the sprayers they setup have an odd number of tips making the skip idea easy to work with.

Edited by tedbear 3/13/2020 11:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)