AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Contaminated Products from China - Sheetrock
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AGropumped
Posted 3/19/2009 18:58 (#649760 - in reply to #649449)
Subject: RE: Yeah, but we just care about the price

that the problem with overseas sourcing. you hire a guy to the your job for cheaper and he's got no ownership in your brand name so if he can cut corners to save money, what can you do?

by the time you find out, you've already paid for shipping on the container and you can't send it back for a refund.

What's even more confusing is that made in CHina has stigma of being "cheap" so marketing companies find clever ways around the made in china sticker.

http://www.myride.com/lifestyle/made_in_america-1323-page2.html
http://www.boston.com/cars/news/articles/2006/09/24/made_in_america...

ex: vehicles that have 75% of parts from the U.S. are considered domestic. but are they referring to parts purchased in the U.S. or made in the U.S. and who's policing the issue?

I want to know the annual defective rate on all of imported goods. give me a percentage...
obviously there's no quantifable answer. but i'm sure there are plenty of imported goods from china that are squeaky clean. the american companies just don't advertise it.

let's be realistic, take a look at the label on your shoes, TV, in our computer or on your phone.

truth is, price is all we care about. that's why we created nafta to go into mexico and exploit the labor.
when the wages in mexico got to high we made the world trade org and moved the factories into china to exploid the labor market.

now china's wages are getting higher and we don't know where else to go...india? vietnam? pretty soon everyone's wages will be too high and it'll just be cheaper to build it in the U.S. again.

then everyone will get back to work. hah!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)