AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pretty sure I’m screwing up.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 3/11/2020 21:17 (#8097312)
Subject: Pretty sure I’m screwing up.

Scott City KS
I did some work to a trail road and need to change the direction of my corn rows on a pivot.

So, since I’m the smartest fool that ever walked the earth I’m going to VT it with our Landoll VT. Dad did a pivot and it really worked up nice.

I get this thing going and it’s a lot wetter than I thought. I’m working it 1.5” or so deep and everything is staying clean but it’s wetter than I want. And deeper would be wetter yet. There’s a ton of stubble and since I’m not going very deep most of it is sitting on the top. It’s going to blow away. Neat. So I walk through all this in my head. If I got much deeper it will lay a hard pan from all get out. I could wait, but there is rain in the forecast Friday, and they haven’t taken it out. So it’s likely to get wetter in the short term. I could plan on running it right ahead of the planter. But if it’s wetter than it is now and it’s time to roll I’ll be awesome. Planting it against the rows will be tough sledding.

So I call dad and he comes out. We talk through it and he tells me he’d just do it. So I’m doing it. Badly.

I’m going to end up with a Hardman 1.5” deep, residue who knows where and it will probably try to dry out on me. But hey! I get some time in the tractor. Yay?

Flame away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)